Dance Workshop Policies
All participants must have a signed Policies & Release form on file at the Dance Workshop before participating in our programs.
Pamela Trokanski Dance Workshop – Policies and Release Form
•You must be 18 years, or older, to sign this form.
• We reserve the right to cancel classes.
• All students must check-in at the front desk before each class.
• Registered Students:
▪ Pre-Registration Week (3 weeks before the end of each session) is a whole week when only currently-enrolled students may re-register, in order to ensure their space for the next session.
▪ When Open Registration begins (2 weeks before the end of each session), we no longer save space.
▪ Tuition is due in full by the first day of the session.
▪ There will be a 10% late fee applied to all outstanding tuition after the first week of each session.
◦ Missed Classes / Make-Ups:
▪ It is helpful if the office is notified of absences in advance, but notification of absence is not mandatory in order to take a make-up class.
▪ Make-ups must be taken within the same session in which the absence occurred, and they must be scheduled at least 3 hours in advance.
▪ When scheduling a make-up, you must tell the office staff the date and class that you missed, or will be missing.
▪ Once a make-up class has been scheduled, the make-up will be considered used, whether or not the student actually attends. If you cannot attend your scheduled make-up, be sure to contact the office before the class, to reschedule, so you do not forfeit your make-up class.
▪ There will be no refunds/credits except for classes that we cancel.
▪ Credit due to injury/illness may be granted with a Dr.’s note, beginning from the date we receive notification.
▪ Credit must be used within two years from the day it is granted.
• Drop-In Students:
◦ Advance payment is required for all classes.
◦ Drop-in classes must be scheduled at least 3 hours in advance. ▪ This applies to all non-tuition classes, including trial, make-up, dance card, and paid-single classes.
◦ Dance Cards:
▪ Dance cards are non-transferable and non-refundable. They do not expire BUT they are non-replaceable. Think of them as cash. Once you lose it… it’s gone. We do not replace lost dance cards.
• All Students:
◦ Students must dress appropriately for class. Each student / parent is responsible for understanding and adhering to the Dance Workshop Dress Code. Please ask the office for more info.
◦ Yoga & Pilates students are required to bring their own individual mats and any props that are used during class. We do not loan mats, equipment, or props of any sort.
◦ We do not loan dance-wear or shoes. If a dancer has forgotten their shoes, they can go barefoot that day.
◦ Late Policy:
▪ Students must be ready to enter class on time (which actually means arriving few minutes early). • Students up to 10 minutes late get one warning. The next time, they will not be permitted into class, and may do a make up for the missed class. Make-up rules apply (see above).
• No one may enter class after 10 minutes past the start of class.
• Reasoning: Once the warm-up has been missed the risk of injury increases.
• EXCEPTION: Intro to Dance (4+) students may not enter once the class has begun, as it is too disruptive.
◦ We realize that the Dance Workshop has a social responsibility to our members, staff, and the communities that we serve, and we are fully committed to doing whatever we can to ensure the safety of everyone.
◦ While we are relaxing our Covid Policies, we reserve the right to re-implement and/or modify them, should the need arise in the future.
◦ Masking is now optional (except for the Parkinson’s and 2nd Wind classes), BUT we are keeping with our ZERO TOLERANCE ILLNESS POLICY:
▪ Students who have any symptoms of illness (including but not limited to: cough, stuffy/runny nose, fever, etc) should not come to the Dance Workshop until their symptoms are gone. (This also applies to other contagious situations such as head lice and conjunctivitis, etc).
▪ Anyone who comes to the Dance Workshop displaying symptoms of illness will be asked to leave until their symptoms are gone. (This includes dancers, parents, siblings, friends, etc.)
▪ Students with allergies may attend class with a mask and a note from their Doctor.
• Class & Lobby Etiquette:
◦ Food may not be eaten in the Dance Workshop (except for during camps). Food may be eaten outside in the courtyard, but please clean up afterwards.
◦ Classes may not be disturbed.
◦ No cameras / video cameras / cell phone recordings are allowed without the prior consent of the instructors.
◦ Electronics, video games, etc. must be silenced in the lobby. Please go outside to make phone calls.
◦ Children in the lobby, and/or outside in the courtyard, must be closely monitored by a supervising adult. Running around or tapping on the glass will not be permitted.
◦ Dogs must be on leashes.
◦ No one is allowed behind the desk except staff members.
◦ The Dance Workshop is not responsible for personal belongings.
◦ Please, for the safety of all, no dancing in the lobby. It is distracting to the students in class, and could lead to injury to you or others.
• Office staff are responsible for giving information regarding, and enforcing, the policies of the Dance Workshop. We expect that students and parents comply with office staff requests.
• Release of Photo/Video:
◦ I hereby grant the Pamela Trokanski Dance Workshop / Pamela Trokanski Dance Theatre (from here on known as the PTDW/PTDT) permission to use my / my child’s likeness in photographs or video in any and all of its online properties, including web site entries and social media platforms, and the development of teacher training materials, without payment or any other consideration. ◦ I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of the PTDW/PTDT and will not be returned. ◦ I hereby irrevocably authorize the PTDW/PTDT to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute my likeness for purposes of publicizing the PTDW/PTDT programs or for any other lawful purpose. ◦ In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product and I waive the right to any compensation related to the use of my likeness. ◦ I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the PTDW/PTDT from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I or any other person acting on my behalf may or may have by reason of this authorization. □ Agree □ Do not agree